AG Marble is a renowned and credible seller for quartz counter-tops in Long Island. With over 40 years of experience, we are the top sellers for granite and quartz counter-tops. Our team of highly skilled workers and contractors offer impeccable counter-top installation in Long Island, NY, at an affordable price.
Pros and cons of choosing quartz for home
We create our quartz counter-tops by combining it with man-made resin. Pros and cons of this counter-top include:
- Quartz is less likely to stain when compared to granite and marble, but quarts do not withstand high temperatures.
- Quartz counter-tops are as strong, durable, and flexible as granite, but it comes with visible seams especially if you choose a light color slab
- It is non-porous and hence does not require any sealing in its lifetime. Besides, this stone does not require any maintenance on the homeowner’s part. On the downside, quartz counter-tops can suffer discoloration over time, especially when exposed to direct sunlight.
Make sure to choose a quartz slab in darker colors to avoid problems like visible seams and discoloration. We manufacture and sell the best quality quartz counter-tops at prices significantly lower than Granite world fabrication.
Cost of quartz vs. granite
The price of granite starts from $40 per square foot, while the cost of quartz begins from $70 per square foot. Nevertheless, top quality granite can cost up to $200 per square foot.
While both stones are pricier, for an average-sized quartz counter-top, prepare to pay anywhere between $2000 and $3000. These prices do not include the cost of the installation, which can cost $1000 – $2000 approximately. We offer installation for marble and granite counter-tops in Long Island, NY, at low prices.
Comparison between marble and granite solutions for homes
Natural stones like marble and granite are luxurious alternatives to hardwood floors and carpets and come at affordable prices. Here is a comparison between these two timeless materials:
- Durability – Granite is resistant to breaks, cracks, stains, scratches, and high temperatures, making it an excellent option for kitchen counter-tops, fireplace mantles, and outdoor settings. On the other hand, marbles are not the best solution for families with high traffic as it requires extra care and regular maintenance to last long.
- Beauty – Both the stones are beautiful and symbolize elegance, flamboyance, and luxury. However, when it comes to aesthetic appeal, granite loses the race to marble only because the former can look slightly speckled and mottled. Also, it is impossible to match two granite slabs as no two-piece can ever look the same. On the other hand, marble looks more elegant, pristine, and glossier with dark-colored veins.
- Cost – Granite counter-tops can cost $40 to $60 per square foot, while marble counter-tops can cost anywhere between $75 and $100 per square foot.
Buy your favorite type of stone from AG Marble, and take advantage of our low prices. We are a leading seller for quartz counter-tops in Long Island, and we offer the highest quality products for affordable rates. To place an order for the best Long Island quartz counter-tops, call us today.